COMMON CORE STANDARDS SUMMER INSTITUTE
This 4-day summer workshop will be held Monday - Thursday, July 22-25, 2013 on the campus of Delsea Regional High School in nearby Franklinville, NJ. Accommodations will be provided a short drive from the school.
AIHE'S WEEKLONG COMMON CORE STANDARDS SUMMER INSTITUTE INCLUDES SEMINARS WITH:
- Activities and materials aligned with the Common Core Standards with a keen eye toward the upcoming assessments
- Sessions designed to de-mystify the Common Core Standards and their focus on decoding informational texts.
- Content-rich pedagogy designed to engage student interest and increase student achievement
- Innovative teaching strategies that encourage students to become active learners through historical investigations
- Ready-to-use classroom activities and graphic organizers to unlock student learning
Benefits of attending THIS workshop:
- Prepare your Social Studies Teachers and Language Arts teachers for the implementation of the Common Core Standards with activities and methods designed by the Institute to successfully teach and assess the content and skills needed
- Engage in Turnkey replication throughout your district by developing a plan that specifically meets the needs of your school and district
- Learn cutting edge strategies for teaching U.S. history and social studies to elementary, middle and high school students
- Study rich, historical content infused in each strategy that spans various history and social studies courses
- Discover activities that truly engage the students and allow them to take ownership of their learning and the content
Upon registration, AIHE will send a confirmation email with instructions to remit payment via district purchase order or check.
- Districts that enroll 4 participants can send a 5th one for free! (the only additional cost incurred will be room, board, and travel expenses if applicable)
Final Registration Deadline - with lodging - Friday, July 5, 2013
Commuters - registration deadline - commuters only - is Friday, July 19, 2013
Class Schedule (* includes continental breakfast and onsite lunch for all participants)
|Monday - Thursday||8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Resident Participant||$1,245||This includes lodging and meals (three meals for each full day) along with a daily parking permit.|
|Commuting Participant||$845||This includes continental breakfast and lunch each day along with a daily parking permit.|
|Resident Participant Travel Included||$2,500||This includes all housing and meals but works well for those traveling from far distances that would include a flight or train. AIHE will handle all travel and transport in addition to everything that is offered above.|
Both options include all resources, including any handouts, books and pamphlets, provided by the instructors.
Participants must attend the entire Institute, from Monday through Thursday, in order to earn a certificate and 30 professional development hours.VIEW OUR RESULTS! View our PD Experts!